It’s fair to assert that AI, particularly within the customer service sector, is not just a future prospect but a current reality. But it is also safe to say that there will be further innovations in the field of AI with regard to customer support in the future. The future of AI in customer support is promising and likely to bring significant changes to the way businesses interact with their customers. Let’s dive straight in to explore the upcoming trends in AI for customer support and take a glimpse at what lies ahead in the future.
“Generative AI is the most powerful tool for creativity that has ever been created. It has the potential to unleash a new era of human innovation.”
– Elon Musk
Important Trends And Statistics
As AI reaches its full potential in various sectors, we can spot many trends. These forecasts provide valuable insights into the future landscape of AI.
Below, we present key statistics and trends to shed light on the upcoming trajectory of AI in the years ahead:
- By 2025, AI will power 95% of customer interactions. (AI Business)
- Chatbots are among the most popular AI applications. In the future, businesses will make significant investments in chatbot usage. According to Statista, the size of the chatbot market is forecast to reach around 1.25 billion U.S. dollars in 2025, a great increase from the market size in 2016, which stood at 190.8 million U.S. dollars.
- AI implementation automates numerous repetitive tasks, resulting in substantial cost savings for companies. Successfully applying AI could increase a company’s profitability by an average of 38% by 2035. (Accenture)
- Artificial Intelligence Is Expected to Create 133 Million New Jobs by 2030, including jobs in customer support. While AI can automate certain customer support tasks, it also creates a demand for skilled professionals in various roles related to AI implementation, management, and oversight. The collaborative relationship between AI and human agents in customer support is essential, as AI can enhance the efficiency and quality of customer interactions while human agents continue to handle more complex and nuanced customer issues. (McKinsey)
- Companies are reporting productivity increases of up to 400% as a result of generative AI. (Forbes)
Future of AI in customer support
According to CMSWire, experts in customer experience (CX) foresee significant advancements in the CX domain through the adoption of AI and machine learning technologies in the coming two to five years.
45% of the respondents believe that AI will have the most impact on enabling customer self-serve. The future of AI in customer support holds tremendous promise and potential. As technology continues to advance, AI is expected to play an increasingly prominent role in enhancing customer service and support in the following ways:
The adoption of chatbots in customer support has become a pivotal strategy for businesses aiming to revolutionize the customer service landscape. These automated conversational agents provide 24/7 availability, efficient handling of routine inquiries, and cost savings. They ensure consistent responses and quick resolutions, resulting in higher customer satisfaction. Chatbots also provide scalability, multilingual support, and the ability to collect and analyze valuable customer data.
Predictive analytics in customer support is a game-changer, enabling businesses to anticipate and address customer needs proactively. By analyzing historical data and customer behavior patterns, companies can predict issues before they arise, personalize support, and make data-driven decisions. This not only improves customer satisfaction but also streamlines operations by reducing support requests and optimizing resource allocation.
Natural Language Processing
Natural Language Processing (NLP) in customer support is transforming the way businesses interact with their clientele. NLP empowers organizations to understand, interpret, and respond to customer inquiries in a more human-like and context-aware manner. It enables chatbots and virtual assistants to hold meaningful, natural conversations with customers, greatly enhancing the overall support experience. NLP also allows for sentiment analysis, helping companies gauge customer emotions and tailor responses accordingly.
By combining the strengths of both human agents and artificial intelligence, businesses can offer a seamless and highly responsive support experience. AI assists human agents by providing real-time information, automating routine tasks, and offering data-driven insights, enhancing agent productivity. This collaboration ensures customers receive personalized solutions while human agents focus on complex issues that require empathy and critical thinking.
Voice and Speech Recognition
Voice and speech recognition technology is reshaping customer support by offering a more natural and convenient way for customers to interact with businesses. Customers can speak their queries or issues, and AI-driven systems accurately process and understand their voice commands.
AI in Multilingual Support:
By leveraging AI-powered language translation and multilingual support, companies can break down language barriers and offer assistance to customers in their preferred languages. This not only broadens their customer base but also enhances inclusivity and accessibility. AI systems can accurately translate and understand a multitude of languages, providing consistent and high-quality support, regardless of the customer’s native tongue.
The future of AI in customer support holds the promise of delivering more efficient, personalized, and effective customer service. However, it will also require careful attention to ethical and privacy considerations, as well as a seamless integration of AI with human agents to ensure the best customer experiences.
Download our eBook on AI-Powered Customer Service Automation today!
Talk to our product squad: Schedule a demo today!